Wednesday, February 1, 2012

New year...

Tues FT meeting, Uncle Ivan said...
"we should greet each other - Happy New You, not just New Year..."
that caused me to think.. when did this New Me started?

It goes all the way back to 1991...
it wasn't beginning of the year, in fact it was end of the year...
I went to a last gospel camp of FGC...
invited by my good friend - CC...

for the benefit of those who dunno me...
I disliked Christians a lot...
(ha, if FB was invented by then, i'd have 'dislike' all the christian side...)
so why i went to a church camp?
coz that year i failed to get my long-haul-liked-girl to be my gf...
(very long story, i'll spare u...)
anyway, so because of all the disappointment and loneliness...
i went...
also because i din know it was a church camp...

to cut the whole story even shorter...
after all the games and makan, we were asked to sit in a hall...
that hall really looked like a typical church in the movie...
they acted the prodigal son story...
and there and then i felt all the 'dislikes' left...
i only had a voice in me 'this is what i need...'
love - no string attached, totally for me, accept me...
i accepted Jesus on that faithful night...

that was really a New Year coz i had a New Me...
i have been touched, changed and transformed since then...

Ha, i am really an old man - keep telling story of the past... ha...
But it was really a good story, powerful story...
without it, i dun think i can ever enjoy life...
with it, i can really have Happy New Year, each year...
Thank You Jesus...

Wish you a Happy New Year, everyone...

No comments: